Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Week 1 Results

Drum Roll Please........


I lost 2.5 pounds and 2.5 inches this week!!!!

Woo Hoo!!  Happy Dance for me!!  I see people posting where they have lost 5 - 10 pounds on week one, but you know what, I'm not going to let that get me down.  I did have one day where I didn't have a shake at all and one day where I only had one.  I am happy with my number....baby steps!!  As I told Rebecca (my friend, my mentor, my supporter, my cheerleader, my encourager, my butt kicker, my whatever -I-need-at-the time) this morning, I have to take it one day at a time, if I have a "bad" day it's ok because tomorrow is a new day and I just have to dust myself off and jump back on the train full steam ahead.  One bad day does not have to to turn into 2 bad days, which normally leads to 2 bad weeks and lots of gained weight and inches.  I have recently started fixing what I am calling a "peanut butter cup" shake using SF, FF Chocolate Fudge pudding and some peanut butter.  It is definitely good...have had 2 nights in a row for supper.

On to the homefront.....Aaron's grandma was moved from ICU at the hospital to a nursing home for rehab.  We were told the minimum stay is 10 days and Medicare will pay for 21 days, so as to how long she will be in there we really aren't for sure.  Aaron's dad is still with us, but that is going really good.  They are really enjoy their time together and Dixie loves her Pops.  I told Aaron I don't know what is going to happen when it comes time to separate them...they are both going to be pitiful.

My VBS training went really good.  I had one person from 2 other churches and some of the ladies from our church.  I was honestly disappointed that I didn't have more participation from some of the other churches, but for the first time doing this, it was great!!  It was a wonderful experience for me.  I told Aaron that if I do something like this again next year that I will definitely go ahead and have it at the end of February beginning of March.  There was just so much going on this weekend - most of the colleges had graduation, plus a lot of the kids are playing baseball/softball/soccer, and it was prom weekend for a lot of the high schools.  I will be more ready and better prepared next year.  Now to get thru next weekend....

Until we meet at the next rest stop......

No comments:

Post a Comment