Saturday, January 11, 2014

Believe

I have a very good friend that mentioned to me she has a word of the year.  I can honestly say that I had never heard of this before.  Then, I noticed that one of my very favorite authors, who is a Christian and writes some devotions, posted on her facebook that she has a word of the year.  A couple of days later, one of my online devotions mentioned a word of the year and even encouraged those who had never had a word of the year to pray to God and ask Him to lay a word on your heart.  Well I did and my word was believe.

And you know me, I had to question the Lord, why believe?  Lord, You know I believe in You.  Why would you give me the word believe.  His answer surprised and shocked me.  He said, you have to learn to believe in yourself, you have to learn to believe in your dreams, you have to learn to believe in your life.  Then He continued with, you know the verses, "Be still and know that I am God" and "I can do all things thru Christ who strengthens me" and you know that I answers prayers; but there is a difference in knowing in believing.  WOW!  Talk about the Lord slapping you in the face with a wake up call.  For further confirmation, the next day a very good friend of mine sent me her devotional for the day.  It was on bold prayers.  It asked a simple question, do you pray boldly or conservatively?  Then went on to describe some great people in the bible who prayed audaciously with a bold faith.  After reading that, the Lord spoke to me again.  He said when you believe in your prayers and yourself, you will begin to pray audaciously with a bold faith.  My greatest desire is for you to pray like that to Me.  The Lord actually wants little ole me, to pray audaciously to Him?!?!  What a great and joyful gift!  That makes me want to get up and shout to the top lungs, my God wants me to pray to Him audaciously!!

We are taking a journey thru the year with believe this year.  I hope you will enjoy taking this journey with me!!

Lots of love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment