Thursday, March 12, 2015

Update

WOW!  So much time has flown by since I last visited with you!

Here is a quick update on life the last few months....

  • Aaron started working at Wilkerson Funeral Home the day before Thanksgiving
  • We moved to Greenville over Christmas weekend
  • We are adjusting to apartment living - I like our little place :)
  • Work has been busy - but you know me - I love it!  The crazier it is, the more I thrive
  • We are vising different churches, trying to find that one to call "home"


With the way I am feeling today, I am going to focus on the last update - church.  I just have this feeling like something is missing - and I know what it is - it's that regular contact, not being involved.  It's a little harder with Aaron working every other weekend because that limits the visits we get to make together.

I also know that part of the reason while I feel like that is because I have allowed life to disconnect me from God.  I haven't been reading my Bible, praying, are doing my devotionals.  I listen to my praise and worship music, and yes that lifts me up, but it doesn't have quite the same effect. Today is the first day that I have even opened one of Proverbs 31 email devotionals and I can say, this really speaks to me today.....

Unfinished doesn't equal unworthy!  Unfinished just means we are still growing - God is still working.

 This really got me thinking about all of the "Unfinished" things in my life....

  • School - my college degree
  • Work - it seems like there is always something that I put off
  • Home Projects - there are so many things that are so unfinished I don't know where to start
  • Friends - I reach out and start email/text conversations, but when they reply, I don't keep the contact going
  • Finances - they are so many things that should be paid off by now, but I don't do it.  
  • Health - I start a workout program, but never finish it
  • Bible Studies - I start them, but lose wind halfway thru     
Something has to change!  Lord, I know that it starts with me.  I know that You are working in the background, but Lord, I'm taking a step - I am crying out to You dear Lord, work in me!  Lord, You are the potter and I am the clay, mold me and shape dear Lord!  Lord, help us to find that church home, the one where we can grow and thrive.  And Lord, please help us with our financial situation.  I want to enjoy life, I want children, I want a new car, I want to buy a house.  Lord, you know the desires of my heart.  Please Lord, show me the path that You have laid for me.  Lord, please help me to be a better wife, daughter, sister, friend, co-worker.  And Lord, please please help Aaron to quit smoking.  I really don't know how much more of it I can take.  He is literally killing me.  I don't know how to get him to understand that.  Oh dear Lord, please wrap this daughter of yours in Your loving arms right now.  Lord, I need to feel you, I need to hear You oh Jesus.  Lord, work in the unfinished parts of me Jesus.  Forgive me of my sins dear Lord, wash me clean.  Lord, help me to be what you designed me to be.  Help me to find that true calling in my life.  Thank you Lord for loving me and saving me. Thank you for working in me!!  Thank you for the blessings that you have already given me but also for the ones that I have yet to discover/receive.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment