Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Fit for Fertility

I stole today's title from a facebook group I have found.

To start with.....
I can't believe that it has been OVER A MONTH since my last post.  I have GOT to become better DISCIPLINED.  Let me rephrase that....I WILL BECOME BETTER DISCIPLINED!!!

On the FERTILITY topic.....
I went to the OB/GYN last month like I said I was.  To start off with, she put me on Progesterone (hormones).  Let me tell you right now....for the 10 days I was taking, I felt WONDERFUL.  I was the old me again.  I was sleeping good, I was focused, I had energy, and I was just overall a happy person.  She ordered bloodwork (and this is where the downfall starts.....)  We have had to exit off of our current route and start a new journey.  My blood work was NOT good. :(  Everything is way out of whack and I am borderline diabetic.  So needless to say, baby making isn't in the cards right now.  Right now, the goal is to keep me alive and get me healthy.  She referred me to a nutritionist (which I go to tomorrow morning) and told me she definitely wants me on a low carb diet.  I have lost 4 pounds in the last 2 weeks and I do feel better.  I also started taking a birth-control pill 2 weeks ago.  That is to keep me from getting pregnant right now, as well as to try to get me ovulating monthly.  I can honestly say for the first time in several years, I am having a period for the 3rd month in a row.  Getting my numbers back and seeing how bad they were really scared me, but I think it finally gave Aaron and I both a wake up call that we needed.  He knows and understands that I can't do it by myself and he is cutting back as well.

And DietBet..........
I lost last month's bet .1.  Yes, you read that right point one as in one tenth of a pound.  That really broke my heart but has given me much needed motivation.  We surprised Aaron's parents that beginning of the month and went up there for his dad's 70th birthday.  5 days on the road and mountain food plus fast food, I gained 3 pounds.  I can say that I have gotten what I gained back off plus a couple more pounds.  That gain really hurt me as far as this month's dietbet goes.  I have to lose 4.2 pounds by next Wednesday to reach this month's goal.  I honestly don't see it happening, but will do my best and try my hardest.  I have to start back running & walking ASAP!!!  I have my first 5k in September and I haven't walked in 2 weeks.  I know that as soon as I start back, I can start dropping some more pounds, but I just can't seem to get motivated.

Well this a very bumpy ride with a steep incline, so I better jump off here and start the climb.  Hopefully we have eased over most of it will start to be smoother sailing soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment